Parent Governor Election – July 2021
We have two parent governor positions open at Holy Rosary and we want you to apply.
All parents of registered pupils at Holy Rosary – including parents of pupils in FS1 whose children will begin FS2 at Holy Rosary in September 2021 – are able to apply for a vacancy and are entitled to stand for election. Candidates should have the necessary skills and experience to enable them to effectively support the school and hold leaders to account.
What the LGB needs from you:
- a strong commitment to the role and to improving outcomes for children
- the inquisitiveness to question and analyse, and the willingness to learn
- good interpersonal skills
- appropriate levels of literacy in English
- sufficient numeracy skills to understand basic data
- work constructively in meetings and lead meetings if necessary
- a commitment to safeguarding.
What the school needs from you:
- an understanding of the Foundation Stage (the early years) and/or
- an interest in curriculum and assessment and/or
- knowledge of Catholic Life/Collective Worship.
What can we promise you:
- a positive, ambitious school with leaders, teachers and parents committed to improving pupil outcomes
- an induction process which supports you in your role
- advice and support-training opportunities
- positive experiences.
The final dates for nominations is Thursday, 1st July at 4 pm – NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
The final date for ballot papers to be returned is Thursday, 8th July at 4 pm.